Sunday, September 26, 2010

My writing challenge

I usually have a hard time starting a paper. It usually depends on what I am writing about. When I get to write about my own experiences it seems a little easier to get started. Like the essay that we turned in for this class was easier to get started because I just had to think back and start writing. Maybe that is why I like to write about myself rather then other topics. Although part of that is, I don't like to have to do research either.

3 comments:

  1. I understand your difficulty finding a beginning. Although I find it to be the other way around when I write. I'd much rather write a paper that I had to spend hours researching, and it can just say "Here's some facts arranged eloquently; there's no disputing them." I really hate having to put my thoughts and emotions onto paper for other people to read, or even recalling events from my life. But I suppose we'll have to become comfortable with all kinds of writing to do well in English classes like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree becasue when you write about you you don't have to do any research. You ca think back and remember that this happened or that happened. I actually like writing about myself too because it also gives people a chance to learn about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Starting a paper is also something I struggle with. Even with personal papers I have a hard time starting. I sometimes struggle with coming up with a topic to write about and that puts me in a hard place to start a paper, and when I do come up with a topic, I don't know how to put it into words. Once I get started the words just come to me. Hopefully practice will help you and me become better with getting started. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete