Sunday, September 5, 2010

1st Blog

As I once again dive head first into a full time student schedule, I am reminded of how stressful and time consuming it can be. I enjoy reading in my free time, if I can find any. When I read I have no due dates, no arguments with my boyfriend, no dishes that need to be done. I am able to escape into the world of make believe.


Over the summer I was able to take some time off and do some reading. Though I told myself I would never, I found myself mesmerized by the Twilight saga. It was very easy to forget all troubles and just keep reading. Especially when reading books about a teenager that falls in love with a vampire and finds out that her best friend is a werewolf. Not to mention the crazy love triangle that comes out through it. I was especially surprised to find out that my brother has read all of the books in the saga. I found that it was wrong of me to think that these were books written only for young girls.

Although, when you look at the importance of reading and writing, I could not imagine our world without them. There would be no newspapers, email, internet or even text books. Not that I enjoy reading text books, but they do have a lot of very helpful information. Without them I do not know how we would learn or what our society would be like.

Reading and writing are some of the basics to the foundation of our entire learning experience. I can remember as a child how excited I was when I was finally able to write my own name. Especially my last name, that took a little longer. It was a very proud accomplishment. Now I get to see the same thing happen with my nieces and my boyfriends’ daughter.

1 comment:

  1. When I was younger, I used to find myself reading all the time, I used to love most of the books Gary Paulsen wrote. I also used to really like Magic Tree house books.

    I also believe the importance of being able to read and write is a huge thing in our world today, one personal message could change the world, anywhere from a letter to the president, to two third graders writing love notes.

    I also remember when I learned to read and write! As I read the last paragraph of your blog, I saw you had trouble spelling your last name. I didn't have much trouble with my last name, it was my middle name that really gave me trouble (Joseph).

    I really enjoyed reading and getting to know you a little better.

    ReplyDelete