Wednesday, December 8, 2010

writing skills

I believe that my writing skills have improved. I have a much better understanding of citations, then I did when this class began. Before this class I had never done personal research. I never got out there and asked people questions for a paper. I feel that, overall, I am leaving this class with a better understanding of how to write a college paper. I believe this will help me in many of my future classes.

5 comments:

  1. I had never done a truly professional research paper either, but I learned about sourcing and citations as well. I am glad that we both seem to have learned important styles in our classes... it is something you can always come back to, and helps push your knowledge level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I took English 111 I had never written a research paper either. It was a tough experience and I hated learning citations but overall it has helped me in my writing now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before this class, I didnt have a lot of experience with in-text citations. I was always just required to list refrences at the end of the paper. Now I feel like I have a better understanding of how much credit to give an outside refrence. I agree with you, that this class will help in other classes..I learned a lot of new ways to write an essay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had never done a personal research paper before this class either, and it was very difficult for me to motivate myself to get out there and find resources. And with the in-text citations, I had only done them once before this class. After doing them a few times more I also understand them better :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad this class helped you out :) I understand how you feel. I learned a lot about citation and personal research. I enjoyed learning about it.

    ReplyDelete